Wednesday, July 23

A rare glimpse.

Cheryl,

I want to publicly share my thoughts and feelings surrounding our anniversary. I know that I don't do this enough, as much as you would like.

As I reflect on our relationship, I review the emotions we have shared, the ups and downs, the prosperity and the struggles we have gone through. I can't bear to think how/where my life would be if your life had been cut short after A's birth. After only two years of marriage.

There would be no C, no H, and most of all, I would be without my beloved partner. A and I would be without the mother and wife we love so much. It would be hard to pass July 22nd without sadness and mourning; it would not be a day of celebration of our love and commitment for each other.

Cheryl, I love you with all my heart. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. I know I have much to improve on, much to learn, and a long way to go before I am the perfect husband and father you see in me. Your patience seems to have no end and I feel that you will eventually see my true potential.

I still feel that Tracy Byrd's Keeper of the Stars fits our relationship perfectly:
"It was no accident, me finding you.
Someone had a hand in it, long before we ever knew.
Now I just can't believe, you're in my life.
Heaven's smiling down on me, as I look at you tonight.
I tip my hat, to the Keeper of the Stars.
He sure knew what he was doing when he joined these two hearts.
I hold everything, when I hold you in my arms.
And I've got all I'll ever need, thanks to the Keeper of the Stars."

"I know I don't deserve, a treasure like you.
There really are no words, to show my gratitude."

With much love, your husband and eternal companion,
–Tyler


Thanksgiving Point and Bountiful Temple
(photo illustration by Tyler)

No comments: