Monday, February 2

Sick.....AGAIN!!!! (UPDATED)

The girls went to the doctor, and the doctor said... Cheryl has strep, C has strep and H has an ear infection.

Woo hoo.



We are sick of being sick!!! Seriously, over the last two months Cambry has had strep twice! A week after that Annalee came down with some sort of sickness (probably strep) and had the fever and vomitting. Two days after that we all went to the Draper Temple open house. As we're walking up the stairs I felt like I was going to pass out and wondered why they didn't turn up the heat more in the temple...it was beautiful though! Of course, I was down and out for three days, and finally went and got some antibiotics and was diagnosed with Strep! It took me a good week to finally start feeling like myself. Yesterday, I was so happy because the sun was out and everyone was feeling well. We went to dinner at a friend's house which was a lot of fun, but soon realized that Heidi was running a high fever. Now it's Sunday, and we were gladly awoken this morning by not Heidi, but Cambry running to the toilet (of course not making it) frantically, and she is now laying on the couch with a rag on her head. She's claiming her ears hurt and is running ANOTHER fever in conjunction with Heidi. Now I'm wondering if the Pediatrician will give me a two for one deal! We should buy stock in Motrin and Tylenol.

I'm just frustrated because I try to keep a reasonably clean house, wash their hands, and give them their vitamins daily...but this winter has been a killer! I feel like I haven't been to church forever and am beginning to suffer from cabin fever. Spring, WHERE ARE YOU? It's a good thing we got the flu shot...I just wish they'd make a Strep shot too!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so sorry you guys are not feeling well. Cassie stood up during sacrament meeting and started yelling C's name, looking for her. And A got so sad at church today, I found her in the hall just sobbing, it made me want to cry...get well soon. We miss you!!!!!

Keri said...

I always feel like sickness hits me and our family harder some years more than others. Maybe this is your unlucky year...at least you can hope.

The Perkins Fam said...

There must be some force against people on our side of the block :) We have been under the weather FOREVER!!! Hope you all start feeling better!!!!!!!

The Perkins Fam said...

There is a force at work against our side of the block!!! We have been under the weather FOREVER!! Hope you guys start feeling better soon!!!!!

ganelle said...

UCK!!! So sorry you guys are having such a sickly winter! I know how miserable the strep was, but it seems like it will never end!!!

I'll be thinking of you!

Lily said...

Just keep wishing for April- my pediatrician always says that's when most of the viruses are gone. :)

Cheryl said...

We've never been this sick!!! It's time to seriously deep clean our home.

ganelle said...

So, this is the second round of strep for cheryl??? OHHH! I feel SOOO badly for you guys.

Can't IMAGINE having strep and then not sleeping because of a child with an ear infection!

Meighan said...

What a bummer! I am so sorry you're all sick. I start feeling really down when I'm sick or am stuck home with sick kids. I hope you all feel better soon and if you need to vent, you know where to call me =)

Corina said...

That's terrible! It's hard when you're kids are sick, but even worse when you are too. I hope you're feeling better by now. Thanks for the birthday card!! I miss you too!!

Hupp Family said...

UGGG....I'm so sorry. If you need something please call! No fun when the Mom & kids are sick!