Monday, January 5

December was a Blurrrrrr...

Every year I tell myself that I want to relax and have a nice, laid back Christmas Vacation...unfortunately I don't think it exists!! It was a lot of fun though! Here's a quick run down of some family fun.

It seemed like we were in the kitchen a great deal making this or that for some family dinner or just making cookies for Santa.





Unfortunately during the cooking baby H was being a little neglected and got into a bit of a mess.

(The green beans are in her lap)



Christmas Eve was spent with Tyler's family which is a fun tradition. There's always lot of fun stories, songs sung in German, and performances by the little ones.



Christmas Day we just relaxed with our own little family which was a lot of fun just watching the kids play with their presents.






C was pretty excited getting her singing Belle doll!





H was content playing with the wrapping paper!




The following week Tyler took work off. We decided to stay home and just do some local fun activities. We went bowling, out to eat (too much), sledding, to a movie, and visited with friends and family.

Here's C enjoying Festival of Lights...we continue to love it every year!




Sledding was a blast! I'm amazed at how many times A would run up the hill...she didn't even seem winded. C on the other hand had to be dragged up EVERY time.






Overall, it was a great holiday but I'm more than ready for school to begin. Today I had to take A to the dentist and can I honestly say, I really do not like the dentist at all. They seem to lay you on such a guilt trip and make you feel like a lousy parent. Oh well, the fun had to end at some point and the dentist is definitely a party pooper!!










6 comments:

Lily said...

Cute pictures. You guys did tons of fun things. I agree with you about the dentist. My father in law is one and he tries to shaft us often (I admit it bothers me, yes!)

Anonymous said...

That's unfortunate that someone that is such a close relative would even take advantage of you.

I just want to tell this dentist that if they keep up the negative attitude that we will find someone else to go to. See how long they stay in business if they keep treating patients like this.

We're just not happy with the health care providers/staff here in SF (DDS or MD).

Alex said...

That's cool that Tyler got to spend the whole week with the family! I love it when Todd can stay home. I'm always trying to get him to take days off:)

ganelle said...

Sounds like your week after Christmas was a lot like ours. It was sooo nice to just have some family down time!

Sorry to hear about the dentist - you know how I feel about how they always seem to 'grade' you!

Hupp Family said...

What a fun Christmas!

Sorry about the dentist. I love ours! He's in Orem but he is soooo good with my kids. I used to be a dental hygienist so I expect alot from a dentist and it did take us a while to find one I really liked. I hope it gets better. Kids and dental offices are a sensitive thing. Sometimes it's worth the travel or switching providers to find a dentist that can grow with your kids. If your kids have bad feelings for the dentist office now then it will only get worse.....trust me, with the cost of dental work, you want them to enjoy their visit and go every six months for their cleanings! Good luck!

Cheryl said...

Becky, if we had a nice dental hygenist like you then things would have been great!!!!