Wednesday, January 7

Happy 101st Birthday Grandma!!



My Grandmother Smith just turned 101- years-old yesterday!! She's an amazing woman who's lived through some major historical events. I remember her telling me stories about living in Logan as a young child and riding her white horses with carriage into town. She was an amazing cook and has the kindest heart. I will never forget her pot roasts, mustard pickles, and shrimp salad..yummy! She also made the most amazing french toast. She raised three wonderful sons and one daughter. I'm so thankful for her and her example. I can't believe that she's lived so long and is still doing fairly well. Of course she has her good and bad days but that's expected at 101-year-old. I already feel like I have good and bad days!! I'm sure that the day she passes on she will be greatly missed but I can't help but imagine the reunion she will have with her husband and her son Frank, whom she lost at birth. What a happy moment that will be! Happy Birthday!!!!


This photo is six years old. The baby in the photo is A.

6 comments:

Alex said...

Happy Birthday!!:)
KRistie

Hupp Family said...

Wow! That is so great to hear stories from your relatives. Sometimes we take for granted the opportunity to hear about their lives. What a great blessing in your life!

The Perkins Fam said...

That is awesome!! I thought my great grandpa was old when he died at 98. Will is sound bad to say I really hope I don't live that long???

Cheryl said...

No, I don't think I want to live that long either!

Spanish Fields 2nd ward Fun said...

hey i made the blog for activities day. check it out- corine

Lily said...

Very cool.