Thursday, April 23

Awesome Cherry Blossoms


I just wanted to share a photo of our ornamental (fruitless) cherry tree in full bloom (a little past its prime). The variety is a Yoshino Cherry, sometimes called the Japanese Flowering Cherry (Prunus x yedoensis). It is the same variety that makes the Washington D.C. cherry blossoms famous (along with the Kwanzan Cherry).

It's no where near it's potential full size of 40-50 feet, but it is really becoming a beautiful tree. I'm glad we spent a little extra money four summers ago to get this show piece.

Click here for a link to ArborDay.org's page on this tree.

4 comments:

Krista Dearden said...

That photo is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for making our neighborhood pretty...I always love driving by your house.

Alex said...

Your yard is so beautiful! In the summer, can I hang out in your backyard??

Troy and Segi said...

I love it! You guys always had the best yard

Julie Ramsay said...

Of course I remember you! Wow what a beautiful tree and beautiful girls! Funny how Ganelle has 3 boys and you've got the girls. Great to see you!!!